"All Summer in a Day"
Rain in Poetry
- Why do you think the director chose to film the movie with a darkened appearance?
- What caused William’s animosity towards Margot? Who contributed to this problem?
- What was unusual about Margot’s illustration?
- What must the students do as part of the school day to compensate for not having enough natural sunlight?
- Why did the teacher demonstrate how to use visors?
- Describe the reactions of the students when they first stepped outdoors to witness the sun.
- Describe some of the things found in nature that the children noticed and admired.
- How does the viewer notice that it begins to rain again.
- When it does begin to rain again, the children hurriedly try to…
- Do you believe that Margot was right in not accepting William’s flowers?
- Which ending did you prefer: the book’s version or the movie version? Explain your reasons.